Training with the balance board works almost all of the muscle groups and trains coordination due to its 3D effect. It is used not only for physical therapy but also for sophisticated training and fitness purposes.
- When you begin to use the board, attend to safety first and use the easiest setting.
- Keep your knees slightly bent, posture erect and head up.
- Direct your gaze straight ahead. If you lose your balance and are about to stumble, step off the board.
- Try to move your body in different directions – side to side, front to back – or rotate the board in a circle and still maintain control.
- As you grow more advanced, practice exercises on one foot or with eyes closed.